Friday, November 30, 2012

Our galleries become classrooms

Here are some pictures of faculty artist, Brian Kreydatus, and his printmaking class looking at the Faculty Show as well as a variety of prints from the museum's permanent collection.
Please see below for his teaching philosophy.
 
 
"As a teacher, I constantly stress the fundamentals of drawing, design, and color.
Without a thorough understanding of these principles, an artist cannot speak clearly...."
 
 

 
 
"Every semester I bring my printmaking students to the museum.
Melissa Parris- the museums registrar, always goes out of her way to accommodate my class by bringing out the works I’ve requested plus a few surprises.
For the students, being able to investigate a Durer or Kollwitz print directly is a transformative experience."
 

No comments:

Post a Comment